The office of the Child Development Project Officer, South West Khasi Hills District of Meghalaya is located in Ranikor, Meghalaya-793106.
Government of Meghalaya
Office of the Child development Project Officer
South West Khasi Hills District
Ranikor – 793106
|Officer's Name||Smti. H.Sahkhar|
|Officer's Desigantion||Child Development Project Officer (CDPO)|
|Regular Employees List||
1. Smti. S. Nongsiej, Lady Supervisor
2. Smt. C.D Shira, Lady Supervisor
3. Smti. D. Syiemlieh, Lady Supervisor
4. Shri. B. Marak, Chowkidar
|Contractual Employees List||
1. Two(2) LDA
2. One(1) Peon
3. One(1) Driver
The main activities and functions includes the following:
ICDS is a unique early childhood development programme aimed at addressing health nutrition and development needs of young children, pregnant and nursing mother. It is designed to promote holistic development of children under 6 years through trained caregivers, with basic services at the community level.
The ICDS Project, Raniko block r was launched in the year 1998. At present there are 69 main Anganwadi centres and 29 mini Anganwadi centres.
The main achievements of the ICDS programme are in the areas of pre-School Education and supplementary Nutrition programme are:
1. Pre-School Education: Through non-formal Teaching and play-way method the children are taught how to identify and differentiate numbers, alphabets, shaped and sizes, colours, animals, plants and vegetables etc. children are also taught how to spell, read, write and draw. These are done with the help of teaching aids provided by the Department and some with the help of self made teaching aids. The children are also encouraged to learn through play-way method whereby children learn by making or doing things by themselves. They are being provided with an environment where they can socialize and learn from each other, thus developed in them language skills and communication.
2. Supplementary Nutrition Programme: Through this program , the health and nutrition of children, pregnant mother, Nursing mother and Adolescent Girls are being met , improved and maintained. Regular growth monitoring of children have reduce the incidence of malnutrition. The intervention and early deduction of malnourished, severely malnourished and diseases can be curbed during regular home-visits and meetings where awareness is being imported and demonstrated during training on the aspects of the health and nutrition of the children, care of the child preparation of locally available food which are beneficial and nutritious and how to prepare them are being imported to the beneficiaries who attend the training.
3. Health and immunization: The pregnant and nursing mothers are encouraged to go for regular health checkups, Immunization. Institution delivery and referrals are carried out in cases of illness and diseases. The pregnant and nursing mothers are being taught on how to take care of the newborn child. Awareness on nutritional & health need and practices for the child, maintenance of health and hygiene for both mothers and child, Breast feeding practices and demonstration, intervention of supplementary feeding are being provided to the beneficiaries from time to time.